There are several ways to set a destination with Pivi Pro. First, the methods available directly from the homescreen navigation tile where no destination has been set:
1. Set home as your destination. Simply tap the home icon in the homescreen navigation tile. The system calculates the route based on your preferences which can be changed in navigations settings.
Note: if a location has not yet been set for home, the system will launch the navigation system and guide you through the process to set a location. For security, it may be preferable to set a location which is sufficiently close to your home for the system to guide you there but in the event of unauthorised use of the vehicle this would not show the real location of your home.
2. Clicking on the search icon in the navigation tile opens the navigation system with the default search page. Click on a POI (place of interest) category icon e.g. food and drink or click on the search bar to type in a specific location, address or, where supported, post code. Addresses can be entered as one line. As you type the system searches for possible matches as well as offering auto complete word options. Tapping on the number of results or the hide keyboard icon reveals matches based on the characters entered. Tap on a result. The system now displays a corresponding results list.
Here’s an example of how this works in practice. Tap on the search bar and type ‘star’, tap on ‘results’. The system displays matches that include ‘star’. Tap on ‘Starbucks’ to see all available Starbucks locations around you. The map will update the search area when you zoom or move around on the map. Tap on ‘Go’ to start guidance immediately or tap the place to reveal more info.
Secondly, you can tap the navigation icon at the bottom of the Touchscreen twice. This is a shortcut to the ‘Destination’ settings screen. From here you can select one of three options, ‘Address entry’ (including postcode), ‘Search’ or ‘Destinations’. ‘Destinations’ can be Home, Recent destinations, Favourite destinations, Shared destinations or Commutes.
1. When a commute is available it will be displayed on the homescreen navigation tile. If more than one commute is available, based on your current location and time of day, it will display ‘commutes available’. Tapping on the navigation tile takes you directly to a list of the available commutes.
2. Alternatively, select a destination from the map screen, and tap the menu button in the bottom corner of the map. Again, the three destination options, ‘Address’, ‘Search’ and ‘Destinations’ will be shown.
3. You can also send places or destinations to your vehicle via the Route Planner smartphone app or website. A place ‘saved’ in the Route Planner will appear in your favourite destinations once your vehicle has connected to the Internet and synced the destinations. If Navigation is open on the screen when a new destination is received from the Route Planner, the destination will appear as a pop-up panel. Tapping ‘use now’ will confirm the destination in the in-car navigation system. Places set as a destination via the Route Planner appear in recent destinations.